I bought a new router TP-Link AC 1200 C50 for my home, below how I tried to configure it.
Initially, I tried to configure it while being outside my home and without internet connection.
For many routers, you can configure the router offline, without connecting to your home internet or any internet connection, but this is not the case with the TP_link AC1200 C50 router, as one mandatory setup step requires to plug-in it to the actual WAN connection.
You may initially connect your laptop to the router by ethernet cable, or thru’ the default wifi network (from laptop or from Mobile Application “TP-Link Tether” App):
The default wifi password is: 16207431
The default administration username and password:
- Use an Ethernet cable to attach a modem or active data jack to the blue Ethernet port on your TP Link router (Optional).
- Plug in the router and power on using the Power On/Off switch on the back of the device.
- Connect to the wireless network broadcasted by the router. The default SSID and WPA2 key are printed on the bottom of the device (password:16207431). Or connect by ethernet cable, router IP is 192.168.0.1 in my case:
4. In your web browser, navigate to tplinkwifi.net. or 192.168.0.1
- Enter the default user name and password, which are both “admin”. Click Login.
- The center panel when you log in is labeled Quick Setup. Click Next to get started.
5. In the “Operation Mode”, select “Wireless Router”.
6. In the “WAN Connection Type”, select “Auto-Detect”, and click “Next”
==> This step requires that your router must be connected to the internet.
- In the Wireless Network Name field, type the SSID that you want to use with your wireless network.
- In the WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK field, type the password that you want to use with your wireless network. Make sure you use a strong password that would be difficult for others to guess.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- You will now be disconnected from your wireless network. Sign in using your new SSID and password.
Donate to support our blogging work
One thought on “TP-Link Router AC1200 C50 Configuration”
Wounderfull, God bless you